Monday, March 22, 2010

Ke$ha Clears Britney Spears Rumors



For the past few weeks there’s been a huge drama surrounding newcomer Ke$ha and some comments she supposedly made about The Legendary Miss Britney Spears. It started when an article quoted Ke$ha as criticizing Britney’s lip-syncing, and then fuel was thrown on the fire when an old demo titled ‘Styrofoam’ leaked online which contained Ke$ha singing the line “In ten years Britney Spears… Britney who?”

Well now Ke$ha’s in Australia doing promo and she’s been asked about the song, clarifying the drama by saying:

“OK the song ‘Styrofoam’, just to clarify, I didn’t write that bit. That song is from when I was fifteen, and there is a reason that song is not on my record [Animal]. So um, I have to admit, now, I do regret even singing that, because I have mad respect for her, but at the time I was fifteen and didn’t really have the balls not to sing it. I mean that is why it’s not on my record, because I can’t really stand behind it.”

In addition Ke$ha’s producer Dr Luke, who has also worked with Spears in the past, chucked his two cents in on Twitter a couple of days ago when he noticed blogger Perez Hilton attacking the “TiK ToK” singer, leaving nasty comments and getting “Ke$ha” to become a trending topic.

“I dont support any artist talking sht about other artists. But, press can often misquote, take things out of context and lie. Think that song was from like years ago and a joke. I don’t believe the Britney press stuff cuz I know she likes Britney.”

So there you have it, the Britney vs Ke$ha beef is now squashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment